For those who are unaware, one of the many of structures Deer Creek Structures can build is portable garages. In fact, we recently completed a three-garage project, supplemented with a workshop area on the left, as seen in the photo. Today, we wanted to discuss 6 of the many benefits of adding a garage to your property.
1) The most obvious of benefits, a garage protects your vehicles from weather and prospective car vandals and thieves. The garage adds an extra layer of security, which will help prevent someone from trying to break in, and steal an iPod, a GPS or another valuable. Additionally, is there anything worse than getting into you vehicle on 95-degree day, after it has been sitting in the sun all day? It’s like walking into an oven, and even the metal seatbelts are too hot to touch! However, a garage will keep it nice and cool in the shade all day. Moreover, for people in an area where it snows each winter, the garage will save you time when you are in a hurry, since it eliminates the need to wipe snow off your car and defrost the interior.
2) Supplemental space. In addition to storing your vehicles, a garage can also be used store other valuables, such as tool sets, an extra fridge and mowers, rakes, shovels and other tools needed for lawn maintenance.
3) The garage can include a workshop, or you can simply use the garage as one. As you can see in the picture of our most recent project, we added a workshop on the left of the three garages, giving the owners a nice workspace, while still being able to park their vehicles inside. However, the garage itself can serve as wonderful workspace, especially if you enjoy working on your vehicle(s).
4) Garages can especially valuable when you throw a party. For example, if you are throwing a graduation or some other t type of large party, the garage can be the area you lay out a buffet spread, store the beverages and even set up tables for people to eat at it. The natural shade provided by the garage will keep the food from spoiling and will keep the drinks cooler than they would be outside. Plus, if Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate, then you can always move the party to inside the garage.
5) A garage can turn into a game room, a workout room or even a “man cave.” Essentially, the garage can turn into anything you desire, as the options our limitless. Perhaps you put a pool table and/or a Ping-Pong table in the garage and provide you and your children with fun entertainment options. Or if you want to get in tiptop shape, you could put a bench press, a treadmill or another workout machine in the space. Alternatively, it could become the place you hang out with friends, and watch television and eat foods that aren’t overly healthy for you. What’s more, it will provide you with the opportunity to decorate the place with memorabilia you’ve accumulated over the years.
6) A garage on your property can increase the value of your home. Should you choose to put your property up for sale, the garage will be another asset in your favor, and will make it more appealing to prospective buyers.
If you would like to learn more about the custom portable garages we can build for you, please contact us